WoWPS, NPS, and IWPS Qualifiers
To qualify to participate in the Finals as a potential representative of Rain City Slam at any of the three PSI national competitions you must:
- Participate in a Preliminary Qualifier and place 1st, 2nd, or 3rd
- Participate in a Semifinal and place 1st, 2nd, or 3rd (NPS only)
- Adhere to the no-repeat (aka “burn rule”) policy between the prelims, and semifinals (NPS only) or prelims and finals (WOWPS, IWPS).
- Poems used in preliminary bouts cannot be used in the semifinals (NPS). Poets may use any material for the Rain City Grand Slam.
- Poems used in preliminary and cannot be used in the finals (IWPS, WOWPS).
In the event that a poet drops from a semifinal or final, the next highest placing poet from the dropped poet’s qualifier or semifinal will move on; if no poet advanced to the third round of that qualifying slam, then no replacement poet will advance and we will have one fewer poet in the final or semifinal.
In the event of a tie for placement, a one poem head-to-head tiebreaker will be held at the next available show.
Your point totals and “burned” poems are tracked and available upon request.